The Institute of Directors-Ghana (IoD-Gh) wishes to bring to the attention of all its stakeholders including members, the business community, private sector and the general public, the following interventions in appreciation of the negative socio- economic impact of the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Institute of Directors- Ghana will be rolling out the following initiatives:
- Develop an on-line platform to enhance the capacity of our members throughout the country to use virtual media to carry out their businesses thus mitigating the negative impacts and effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic. This will take immediate effect.
- Organize targeted training for SMEs to develop resilient business models in the face of COVID-19 to ensure livelihoods are not adversely affected.
- Organize a strategic forum to:
- i. Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on industry specifics and system-wide risks, consider appropriate responses including public sector and private sector stimulus.
- ii. Plan action on the new continental trade deal adopted in 2019.
- Organize strategic consultations to help Directors and corporate boards to deal with COVID-19 related disruptions.
- Roll out on-line training in corporate governance in dealing with ethical and
effective leadership in these challenging times for businesses.
- Support and complement the efforts of Government including mobilizing
donations to resource the COVID-19 Trust Fund.
- Involve academia, faculty and students to conduct research on the long-term
effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on businesses, enterprises, organizations etc.
- Roll out IOD-GH SME Business Sustainability Programme (BSP)