A total of GHc 8.75 million have been received in donations into the COVID-19 National Trust Fund.
This was revealed by President Akufo-Addo during his update on Ghana’s Enhanced Response to the coronavirus pandemic, on Sunday, April 5,2020.
The President said, “I am very grateful to the individuals and institutions, who have responded to my appeal for donations to be made into the COVID-19 National Trust Fund, which has been established to complement Government’s fight against the virus, and to assist in the welfare of the needy and the vulnerable.”
“A total amount of some GHc 8.75 million, which includes US$600,000, has been received so far for this purpose. I am happy that so many appointees of my government have also followed my example by donating their salaries to the Fund,” He added.
The fund is expected during this period receive donations for disbursement to individuals who have been negatively impacted by the disease.
The President on March 29, 2020, inaugurated the Board of Trustees of the COVID-19 National Trust Fund.
“As at today, Sunday, April 5, 2020, our current situation is such that we have recorded a total of 214 cases,” the President said.
The Greater Accra Region has 189 cases, followed by the Ashanti Region with 12, Northern Region 10, Upper West Region 1, Eastern Region 1, and Upper East Region 1.
The 10 from the Northern Region are the West African nationals who entered our country illegally, after the closure of the borders.
In total, three persons have fully recovered from the disease, 49 persons have been discharged from treatment facilities, and are being managed from home; and the remaining 155 are responding to treatment. Two persons are moderately ill, and five persons, have lost their lives.
Discussion about this post