The Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) has commenced Saturday services to its Members and Clients at selected SSNIT branches from 9:00am to 2:00pm beginning 2nd October, 2021.
The launch of the SSNIT Saturday Service was held at the Airport City branch of the Trust today.
Speaking at the launch, the Deputy Director-General of SSNIT, in charge of Administration and Finance, Mr. Michael Addotey Addo, said the SSNIT Saturday Service falls in line with the Trust’s agenda to build a customer-centric organisation.
“This means that on a daily basis, we are thinking through and implementing measures and interventions that will ensure that our Members and clients have comfort, convenience and easy access to our services”, he explained.
Mr. Addotey Addo further added that quite a number of Members and Client of the Trust have also requested that SSNIT provides an opportunity for them to do business with SSNIT on Saturdays as a result of their inability to visit the Trust’s offices during the weekdays.
“SSNIT has listened to the concerns of our Members and we are opening our doors from 2nd October to offer services to Members on Saturdays. What this means is that with the exception of a few of the services we offer, you can walk into the selected branches on Saturdays and transact business with us”, he stressed.
The Trust has introduced some novel initiatives and strengthened already existing service delivery protocols including, establishment of Pensioner Priority Desks, reduction in benefits processing from 47 days to 10 working days among others and the offering of Saturday services is expected to bolster the cordial relationship that exists between SSNIT and its Members.
The SSNIT Saturday Service is one more channel to ensure that Members of the Scheme and the public have continuous access to the services of the Trust.
Indeed, employers can also make contribution payments if the 14th day of the month falls on a Saturday in order to avoid penalties.
Selected nine Branches
- Legon (within the Golf House Building, Shiashie, Accra)
- AIA (adjacent Ghanaian Times Newspaper, North Industrial Area, Accra)
- Trust Towers (within the Trust Towers building, opposite Accra Hearts of Oak office, Accra)
- Airport City (within the SSNIT Emporium building, Airport junction, Accra)
- Tema Community 2 (in the same building with SG-SSB, behind Community 2 Total Fuel Station)
- Tema Harbour (adjacent National Investment Bank (NIB), Community 1, Meridian)
- Adum (within SSNIT Adum Office Complex, adjacent GCB Bank, Kumasi)
- Asafo (within the SSNIT House, close to Kumasi Technical University)
- Takoradi (SSNIT House, near Akroma Plaza).
- Employer Registration
- Worker Registration
- Submission & Validation of Contribution Report
- Contribution Payment
- Benefits Processing
- Update of Member’s Records
- SSNIT & NIA Numbers Merger
- Request for Statements of Account
- Renewal of Pensioner Certificates
The Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) is a statutory public Trust charged under the National Pensions Act, 2008 Act 766 with the administration of Ghana’s Basic National Social Security Scheme.
As the operator of the First Tier of the Three-Tier Pension Scheme, it replaces part of lost income of workers in Ghana due to Old Age, Invalidity or Death of a Member where lump sum payment is made to dependants. It also pays Emigration benefit to a non-Ghanaian member who is leaving Ghana permanently.
The SSNIT Pension Scheme has an active contributor base of over 1.6 active million.
In September 2021, the Trust paid a total of over GH¢234 million to some 211,369 pensioners.