President Nana Addo Dankwah Akufo-Addo, has, upon the advice of the Prisons Service Council, promoted the following Assistant Directors of Prisons (ADP) to Deputy Directors of Prisons (DDP).
- Samuel K. Owusu-Amponsah, the Second in Command (2IC) of the Nsawam Medium Security Prison in the Eastern region.
- Samuel Yaw Tannor, the Second in Command of the Ankaful Maximum Security Prison in the Central region
- Patrick K. Mensah Adzah, the Officer-In-Charge of the Ankaful Main Camp Prison in the Central region.
- Dominic Nicholas Arthur, the Officer-In-Charge of the Forifori Settlement Camp Prison in the Eastern region.
- John Asiedu Benaye, the Officer-In-Charge of the Duayaw Nkwanta Settlement Camp Prison in the Brong Ahafo region.
The said promotions are to take effect from 1st July, 2018.
In a related development the attention of the Ghana Prisons Service has been drawn to a recruitment scam, where some unscrupulous individuals pretending to represent the Service are calling applicants concerning the ongoing 2018 Recruitment Exercise to have their names placed in a Protocol list for a fee.
Some of these individuals introduce themselves as either “officers” of the Ghana Prisons Service, Flagstaff House , Member of the Recruitment Team or very close to “Big men” and can influence their being enlisted. Such Fraudsters are asking for payments of money ranging from GH₵3,000.00 to GH₵6,000.00
The public is hereby informed and warned that the Ghana Prisons Service will not place a call to any applicant and will never ask any applicant for any payments to be enlisted.
Moreover, the 2018 Recruitment Exercise is still in its Second Phase and qualified applicants who successfully passed the Aptitude Test will be shortlisted and contacted via Short Message Services (SMS), emails, as well as have their names posted on the various Regional Prisons Establishments where the tests were conducted.
No individual or group of persons can help anyone since the process is as transparent as possible. The Public should therefore be wary of fraudsters and should not pay money to any one in relation to the ongoing Recruitment Exercise since they will be doing that at their own risk.